Desert Hot Springs
Homes in Desert Hot Springs
The smaller city of Desert Hot Springs has experienced steady growth over the last few decades but has kept its small town feel with a population of just over 30,000. The area is known for its spectacular golf courses, beautiful sunny weather and local naturally occurring hot and cold springs.
It is one of the nine cities that make up the Coachella Valley in Southern California's Riverside County.
- Sunny, warm climate
- Lower home costs
- Small town feel
- Current population = 32,512
- Many naturally occurring hot and cold springs
- Nestled between two mountain ranges: San Bernardino Mountains and San Jacinto Mountains
Homes in Desert Hot Springs range from beautiful, custom-built luxurious single-family homes to nicely updated and maintained manufactured homes, townhouses, and apartments. Some neighborhoods have amenities including community swimming pools and/or mineral water pools.
The Coachella Valley has many fantastic culinary options. Here are a few local favorites.
- Casa Blanca Restaurant is an authentic Mexican food restaurant, offering Margaritas and other specialty drinks alongside your favorite dinner plates.
- Thai Palms Restaurant is located in the city's "Old Town District" and offers delicious Asian specialties with spicy goodness.
- Rocky's New York Pizzeria serves Italian food and mouthwatering pizza in a nice and comfortable dining area.
- Zapopan Mexican Restaurant is another fresh and fantastic Mexican restaurant with a family-friendly atmosphere.
- Capri Italian Restaurant is an Italian food and steakhouse at Miracle Springs Resort and Spa.
Things to Do
There are many great vacation destinations in Palm Springs and the surrounding areas, including Desert Hot Springs.
- Palm Springs Art Museum is a regional art, natural science and performing arts center.
- Palm Springs Air Museum is a living history educational museum about the role air power has played in preserving American freedom.
- Agua Caliente Cultural Museum is a cultural and history museum focused on educating the public about the Cahuilla Indians.
Children in Desert Hot Springs attend the following highly rated public schools within the Palm Springs Unified School District.
- Julius Corsini Elementary School received an A- for teachers and a B+ for diversity,
- Desert Springs Middle School received a B+ for teachers and a B for diversity,
- Desert Hot Springs High School received an overall B- for teachers, academics, diversity, clubs & activities, college preparation and health & safety.
School scores and rankings are based on Niche data.
For current listings in Palm Desert, Desert Hot Springs and the surrounding areas, contact us at Ronald Christopher & Associates.
Desert Hot Springs is a unique city known for its hot mineral springs, located just minutes from Palm Springs. Nestled in the foothills of Joshua Tree National Park, Desert Hot Springs also boasts pure and delicious award-winning municipal drinking water, clean air, magnificent scenery, and easy access to all the events and attractions in the other desert resort cities of the Coachella Valley. You'll find some of the most affordable home prices here.
As a local Realtor I may be able to find a home with your specific criteria easier than you. For a more defined list of homes that fit your specific needs, please contact me today at (760) 799-8460. Image by Flickr
Desert Hot Springs Properties
Find a Home in Desert Hot Springs
- Belmonte Estates
- Cathedral City
- Desert Collection
- Desert Hot Springs
- Desert Trace (Sienna)
- Griffin Ranch
- Indian Ridge Country Club
- Ironwood Country Club
- La Quinta Cove
- Madison Estates at Santa Rosa
- Mirada Estates
- Mountain Estates
- PGA West
- Sandhurst Cove
- Shadow Hills, Indio CA
- Shadow Ranch
- Sonora Wells
- Talavera, Indio CA
- Terra Lago
- The Bridge at Jefferson
- The Orchard
- Victoria Falls
- Villa Portofino
- 92201 Indio
- 92203 Bermuda Dunes
- 92203 Indio
- 92236 Coachella
- 92253 La Quinta
- 92270 Rancho Mirage
- Colony El Mirador
- Desert Club Estates
- Indian Wells
- Palm Desert
- Palm Springs
- Sun City Shadow Hills
- The Estates at Rancho Mirage
- Villas of Mirada