92253 La Quinta
Search homes for sale in 92253 La Quinta
La Quinta's history is rich and its story a fascinating tale of success. Early settlers named the area near what is now Washington Street and Highway 111 as "Point Happy". Named by the Robb Report as the "Best Place to Live for Golf," La Quinta is home to over 20 exceptional golf courses, including the world famous PGA West and the new City of La Quinta golf resort, SilverRock. A newer city for the Coachella Valley, it has become home to many exclusive, private country clubs including The Tradition, Hideaway, and the Madison Club.
La Quinta is also home to some of the most highly rated schools in the area. Part of the Desert Sands Unified School District, the La Quinta High School helps maintain high demand and strong homes values in the area. If you are looking for a home in the La Quinta school district, search school boundaries by property address here.
As a local Realtor I may be able to find a home with your specific criteria easier than you. For a more defined list of homes that fit your specific needs, please call/text me at (760)799-8460.
View homes for sale in La Quinta by map location
La Quinta homes $200,000 - $299,999
La Quinta homes $300,000 - $499,999
La Quinta homes $500,000 - $699,999
La Quinta homes $700,000 - $999,999
La Quinta homes $1,000,000+
View 4 bedroom homes for sale in La Quinta
View homes for sale with pools in La Quinta
View homes for rent or lease in La Quinta
La Quinta Homes for Sale
Real Estate Listings in La Quinta California
Find the proximity of grocery stores, restaurants, healthcare services and more from La Quinta.
Find local statistics on the average household income in La Quinta, median age, education level, & crime risks of homeowners in La Quinta.
The beautiful resort city of La Quinta, California is just ten miles from Palm Desert and twenty-five miles from Palm Springs. It is the largest desert resort city by land area in the Coachella Valley and is well known for its tourism, especially during the winter months.
The population of La Quinta was 41,535 in 2018, which has been steadily increasing from the 2000 population of 23,694. The main attractions to the city are the lower cost of homes compared to the rest of southern California, easy commutes with its close proximity to Interstate 10 and California State Route 111, the main routes through the Coachella Valley, and fantastic year-round weather.
La Quinta incorporated in 1982 and was named after the well-known La Quinta Resort, which opened in 1926. In addition to its increasing population, La Quinta is also the home to many snowbirds who enjoy spending the winter months in the warmth of the sunny Coachella Valley.
The Desert Cahuilla Indians were the first to settle the area, hunting and gathering on the land. They dug wells and planted crops, which later became a great industry of the farmers in the area, as they grew and sold vegetables, citrus, melons, dates, corn, grapes and onions. With the addition of railways to the Los Angeles area in 1876, farmers were able to sell crops to the metropolitan areas.
Places to Visit
The Coachella Valley is known for its abundance of golf courses, and La Quinta is no exception. There are twenty-five golf courses, as well as sixteen parks and miles of biking and hiking trails.
- PGA West Pete Dye Stadium Golf Course, ranked among the top 100 golf courses you can play in the United States, and is inspired by Scottish seaside courses, with stunning water and mountainous landscapes.
- Pedego Electric Bikes in La Quinta, is a great way to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors, get some exercise and then relax as you take in the scenery on the miles of hiking and biking trails in the area.
There are many fabulous culinary options in the La Quinta area. Here are a few local favorites.
- La Quinta Cliffhouse, voted "Best Happy Hour in the Coachella Valley", they also serve fine dining options including steak, seafood and pasta, from their cliffside restaurant.
- Arnold Palmer's Restaurant, one of the most popular restaurants in the valley, they serve Arnold Palmer's favorite dishes, including shrimp, calamari, ribs, meatloaf, steaks and more.
- Lavender Bistro, voted "Best romantic restaurant", this patio dining area is decorated with thousands of sparkling lights, fresh flowers and live music while serving New American Cuisine.
Children in La Quinta attend the following highly rated public schools.
- Harry S. Truman Elementary School, ranked #7 for best public elementary schools in the Palm Springs Area,
- Benjamin Franklin Elementary School, ranked #18 for best public elementary schools in the Palm Springs Area,
- La Quinta Middle School, received an overall B- for teachers, academics and diversity,
- Colonel Mitchell Paige Middle School, ranked #5 in best public middle schools in the Palm Springs Area, and
- La Quinta High School, ranked #3 in best public high schools in the Palm Springs Area.
School scores and rankings are based on Niche data.
For current listings in Palm Desert and the surrounding areas, contact us at Ronald Christopher & Associates.
92253 La Quinta Properties
Find a Home in 92253 La Quinta
- Belmonte Estates
- Cathedral City
- Desert Collection
- Desert Hot Springs
- Desert Trace (Sienna)
- Griffin Ranch
- Indian Ridge Country Club
- Ironwood Country Club
- La Quinta Cove
- Madison Estates at Santa Rosa
- Mirada Estates
- Mountain Estates
- PGA West
- Sandhurst Cove
- Shadow Hills, Indio CA
- Shadow Ranch
- Sonora Wells
- Talavera, Indio CA
- Terra Lago
- The Bridge at Jefferson
- The Orchard
- Victoria Falls
- Villa Portofino
- 92201 Indio
- 92203 Bermuda Dunes
- 92203 Indio
- 92236 Coachella
- 92253 La Quinta
- 92270 Rancho Mirage
- Colony El Mirador
- Desert Club Estates
- Indian Wells
- Palm Desert
- Palm Springs
- Sun City Shadow Hills
- The Estates at Rancho Mirage
- Villas of Mirada