Search Homes for Sale in 92236 Coachella
The desirable city of Coachella is the namesake of the Coachella Valley, part of Riverside County, in southern California. Coachella is the fastest growing city in the valley, with a population of just over 45,000, and is uniquely decorated and inspired by the Cahuilla Indians and a Mexican motif, which inspire its many authentic Mexican Restaurants.
Homes in Coachella offer more affordability than most other cities in southern California. The median home value is just $258,500 and median rent is just $830. Most residents own their homes, with over two-thirds of homes being owner occupied.
There are newer custom-built single-family homes, as well as nicely remodeled and renovated homes, apartments and townhomes. Some homes offer private swimming pools, landscaping with irrigation/sprinklers, and air conditioning.
Unique to this community is its largely bilingual presence, with 90% of the residence speaking Spanish.
Founded in 1876, the Cabazon Indian Reservation occupies 1,706 acres in Coachella, with 806 residents. The Cabazon Band owns Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio, which has 250 hotel rooms and several restaurants, including POM Restaurant, Pizza Kitchen, The Bistro, Fresh Grill Buffet, JOY Asian Cuisine, a Starbucks and several other dining options.
Coachella is home to two high-stakes casino properties, the Augustine Casino and the Spotlight 29 Casino. Both casinos host large volumes of live concerts and community events, in addition to table games and slot machines.
There are many great culinary options in the Coachella Valley. Here are a few local favorites.
- Mario's Italian Cafe specializes in authentic Italian dishes, from pasta to pizza, and salads to seafood. They're known for their support of local high school sports and offer fundraisers for the community.
- Aldo's Mexican Restaurant offers fresh Mexican meals, including bowls and burritos, Birria Plates, Menudo and Sope.
- Santa Fe Mexican Restaurant is another fantastic dining option, with authentic Mexican food made from scratch, and an excellent drink menu offering beer and cocktails to enjoy with your meal.
Things to Do
In addition to the casino-hosted events, here are other local entertainment options.
- Coachella Valley Wild Bird Center is a rehabilitation center to care for sick, injured or orphaned native wild birds, with a goal of releasing these treated birds back into the wild. An additional focus of the center is community wildlife education.
- Rancho Las Flores is a new and popular park, with tables, open grass, playgrounds, as well as soccer and football fields and basketball courts. It is located on Van Buren Street near Martin Van Buren Elementary School.
- Rancho De Oro Park is a four-acre park with softball and baseball fields, a splash pad, playgrounds, and a soccer and football field.
- In nearby Indio, the Pawley Pool Family Aquatic Complex is a great place to cool off in the 3,750 square foot pool and includes two large slides, a toddler wading pool, and a splash pad.
Located on the Eastern edge of the Coachella Valley, Coachella is a small but stable community in the center of the fastest growing region in the area. With a rich agricultural history, the City offers a wealth of economic opportunity and the unmatched lifestyle for which the whole valley is internationally known. From affordable 3 bedroom homes to majestic 5 bedroom homes with 3000+ square feet, Coachella has a home sure to fit each individual lifestyle.
As a local Realtor, I may be able to find a home with your specific criteria easier than you. For a more defined list of homes that fit your specific needs, please call/text me at (760) 799-8460. For current listings in Coachella and the surrounding Coachella Valley cities, contact us at Ronald Christopher & Associates.
View Homes for Sale in Coachella by map location
Coachella Homes $200,000 - $299,999
Coachella Homes $300,000 - $399,999
Coachella Homes $400,000+
View 4 Bedroom Homes for sale in Coachella
Homes for sale in Coachella with pools
View homes for rent or lease in Coachella
92236 Coachella Properties
Find a Home in 92236 Coachella
- Belmonte Estates
- Cathedral City
- Desert Collection
- Desert Hot Springs
- Desert Trace (Sienna)
- Griffin Ranch
- Indian Ridge Country Club
- Ironwood Country Club
- La Quinta Cove
- Madison Estates at Santa Rosa
- Mirada Estates
- Mountain Estates
- PGA West
- Sandhurst Cove
- Shadow Hills, Indio CA
- Shadow Ranch
- Sonora Wells
- Talavera, Indio CA
- Terra Lago
- The Bridge at Jefferson
- The Orchard
- Victoria Falls
- Villa Portofino
- 92201 Indio
- 92203 Bermuda Dunes
- 92203 Indio
- 92236 Coachella
- 92253 La Quinta
- 92270 Rancho Mirage
- Colony El Mirador
- Desert Club Estates
- Indian Wells
- Palm Desert
- Palm Springs
- Sun City Shadow Hills
- The Estates at Rancho Mirage
- Villas of Mirada